January 17, 2021
MESSAGE TITLE: Understanding the blessedness of Prayer and Fasting. 2 Tim. 3:16
MINISTERING: Pastor David Oyedepo Jnr.
If you're going to maximize your engagement on the prayer altar, you must understand the necessity of engaging the name of Jesus.
The name of Jesus engages the authority of Jesus in our lives.
Once you attach the name of Jesus to your prayers, that prayer no longer belongs to you, Jesus Christ takes it up.
It is not the volume of your voice that gives answers to your prayers, it is the volume of your faith. Even the name of Jesus answers to faith.
Where faith is wavering, answers will be absent.
You don't come trying God you come trusting God.
In order to come boldly to God in prayers, you must cleanse yourself from all unrighteousness.
When you are fully inoculated based on the Word of God, you become untouchable for the enemy.
Don't talk like the world or you suffer like the world.
BIBLICAL APPROACH TO PROFITABLE FASTING
1) The name of Jesus is our covenant access code on the altar of prayer - Jhn. 14:12-14; Phil. 2:10
2) Come with full assurance of faith - Jas. 1:6; Heb. 10:21-22
3) We must come boldly and not beggarly - Heb. 4:16
For you to be able to come boldly to God in prayers, you must cleanse yourself of all unrighteousness.
4) Praying for the needs of others - Eph. 6:19; Gal. 6:2
5) We must come thanking, praising and worshipping God - Ps. 100:4; Matt. 6:13
HOW TO ACTUALIZE YOUR EXEMPTION RIGHTS
1. Have a revelation of your exemption rights - Acts 20:32
2. Keep the love of God in your heart - Ps. 91:14; Rom. 8:28
3. Engage the covenant of seedtime and harvest - Ps. 41:1-3
4. Remain dedicated in your kingdom advancement endeavours - Lk. 10:17-19
5. Speak openly of your exemption rights - Prov. 18:21; Lk. 21:15